Australian athletes can also search the status of ingredients and brands of medications that they purchase in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada or Japan.
Using Global DRO
To use Global DRO:
- Click the ‘Check Your Substances’ button on the home page or the link at the bottom of this, or any other page of the website.
- Choose the ‘User Type’ (e.g. athlete or medical professional); the ‘Sport’; and ‘Nation of Purchase’. Correct selection of the ‘Sport’ and ‘Nation of Purchase’ are essential to ensure the correct results
- Enter the name of the medication or ingredient
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Get the results instantly. A number of results may be listed. Ensure that the result you select matches exactly to the medication or ingredient.
- A reference number will be listed at the bottom of your results page. We recommend you save this number or print out or email a copy of your results to yourself.
- To check more than one substance, enter a medication or ingredient in the ‘New Search’ box.
At the end of a search a reference number will be provided to document search results. A unique reference number is created for each medication or ingredient that you search. It is extremely important that each reference number is retained as proof of the searches before using a medication or substance. This may help an athlete if they are ever called upon to provide that information in the future.
Advice about search results
It is very important that you select the item from the Global DRO search list that is an exact match to your search entry.
If the list does not include an exact match to your search term, do not select another substance from the list as it may not be related in any way to your searched substance. That is, the list is a guide only in the event you have misspelt your search term. You should carefully check the spelling of your substance and find an exact match.
If the particular brand name is not in the database, try searching for the active ingredients found on the front of the medication packaging.
It is not possible to check the status of supplements on Global DRO. The online search tool does not contain information on, or that applies to, any dietary supplement which also includes homeopathic products, traditional medicines, herbals, and probiotics.