Blog: Check your substances… in the right place
Drugs, medications and substances listed on the ASADA website are only brand-name products sold in Australia.
Some medications obtained overseas have the same brand name as medications sold in Australia, but they may contain different ingredients. Although the name and logo may be identical to that in Australia, overseas products may contain substances that are prohibited in sport.
If you’re traveling overseas, try to take your medications with you, but if you have to buy them overseas, make sure you check the status with your team doctor, the local anti-doping agency, or online.
Below is a list of overseas sites where you can check medications:
Tip: if you’re not fluent in the language, copy and paste the address below into http://translate.google.com and click ‘Translate’.
- Canada: http://www.globaldro.com/ca-en/default.aspx
- Czech Republic: http://www.antidoping.cz/zakazane_prostredky_leky.php
- Denmark: http://www.antidoping.dk/Medicin.aspx
- France: https://www.afld.fr/vidal.php
- Germany: http://www.nada-bonn.de/nc/medizin/nadamed/suche/
- Ireland: http://www.eirpharm.com/sports2011/
- Latvia: http://antidopings.lv/medikamenti/149
- Norway: http://www.antidoping.no/internett/medisinsk-info/legemiddellisten/
- South Africa: http://www.drugfreesport.org.za/medication-check-4/
- Sweden: http://www.antidoping.se/rodalistan/
- Switzerland: http://www.antidoping.ch/en/medicine-substances-and-methods/swiss-drugs-inquiry
- UK (England/Scotland/Wales): http://www.globaldro.com/uk-en/default.aspx
- USA: http://www.globaldro.com/us-en/default.aspx
Note: These are external websites and ASADA does not take responsibility for the accuracy of their content.
Also, this list is not exhaustive. If you are travelling to a country not listed here, search for their anti-doping authority and check with WADA.
WADA’s list of National Anti-Doping Organisations (NADOs): https://www.wada-ama.org/en/who-we-are/anti-doping-community/national-anti-doping-organizations-nado