When athletes are placed on the Registered Testing Pool (RTP) we will supply them with an ADAMS username and password. The system will require the athlete to change their password on the first login.
The username and password are unique and meant only for the athlete’s personal use. It is important to keep it secure.
ADAMS User Guides
To reset ADAMS password, or for any whereabouts help contact ASADA’s Athlete Services team on email at email@example.com or by calling 13 000 27232 or +61 2 6222 4200 (if calling from overseas).
ADAMS Technical Helpdesk (based in Canada)
Phone: +1 514 904 8800
SMS last minute whereabouts changes: +44 7781 480710
(They will appear on your calendar as an attachment.)
Here are a few tips and hints when using ADAMS to complete your Whereabouts:
ADAMS only works with some internet browsers:
Once logged in, click on the ‘My Whereabouts’ on your login home screen or click on ‘Whereabouts’ item in the left menu.
Follow the prompts on the ‘Whereabouts Guide’ page to ensure all items of your Whereabouts are logged in. Your Whereabouts will show a GREEN TICK once all is compliant.
The ADAMS system is North American based and the address information uses the term CITY where in Australia we use SUBURB. As such, for any address entry in ADAMS add the SUBURB where it asks for CITY.
To amend an address entry, like when adding a new title or adding a room number for a hotel when known, either click on the ADDRESS BOOK and amend your entry or click on an entry in your CALENDAR and amend as needed.
The test hour is the most important component of Whereabouts. It must be accurate, easily found and easily accessible (i.e. you must be found effortlessly without prior notice; that is no phone calls are required to be made, etc.). You need to ensure your test hour is in a location where you can hear the doorbell or door knock; no obstacles are in the way (i.e. no dogs/security gates/inaccessible areas) and our Doping Control Officers can find you without difficulty. A missed test may be placed against you if you cannot be easily found in the test hour at the location in the system.
When ADAMS asks for REGULAR ACTIVITIES please insert your training routine/s into the CALENDAR (e.g. gym workout, swimming session, etc.).
You can change your whereabouts information at any time online and changes to your test hour entry can be made up to one minute prior to the test hour. If you cannot access the system to make the change, email or phone through changes to ASADA or ADAMS and details will be kept on your file.
Going away on holidays does not excuse you from your whereabouts obligations. You must have accurate whereabouts for every day of the year for both home and away.
Ensure that you update your mailing address, email and phone details if they change at any time.
Update the system when known if any competition or training details change during the quarter. Double click on a day in your CALENDAR for a pop up box to enter new details, or click on an existing entry to change details.
Delete old entries in your ADDRESS BOOK if you think you no longer need them (details are retained in the CALENDAR). This makes finding regularly used locations easier in future.
TRAVEL entries may be used for overseas or long distance travel. However, these are regularly audited and misuse of TRAVEL entries may be investigated as possible avoidance of testing (see ADRV Rule 3). Essentially TRAVEL entries are to be used only for legitimate long distance travel.
If you experience IT issues when attempting to access ADAMS we suggest you try the following solutions before calling for assistance.
ADAMS is currently supported on the following browsers:
- Firefox Version 3.6+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 8+
To verify which version you are running, click ‘Help /About’ from the browser's main menu bar.
The Safari browser on Apple Mac platforms is still not officially supported, although most of the issues encountered in the previous version users have been resolved for Safari Version 5. If you encounter any technical issues while using ADAMS on an Apple Mac computer, email us or your International Federation in the first instance and indicate the platform used.
Should you experience any technical issue while using a different browser, please try again using one of the above browsers. Free versions of the browsers are available at:
Clear your Browser Cache
If you used a previous version of ADAMS, it is possible that your cache contains information that will conflict with a more recent version. Clear your cache before you use a new version of ADAMS.
Steps for clearing your cache:
- For Internet Explorer, select Internet Options from the Tools menu. Depending on the IE version you are using, click the Delete then the Delete Files… button in the Temporary Internet Files section of the General tab. Check the Delete all offline content checkbox and click OK to clear your cache.
- If you are using Firefox, select Clear Private Data or Clear Recent History from the Tools menu. Make sure the Cache checkbox is selected; the other checkboxes can be blank. Then click the Clear Private Data Now or OK button.
Enabling the pop-up blocker may prevent some screens from appearing.
- In the Internet Explorer Tools menu, select Pop-up Blocker Settings and add ‘adams.wada-ama.org’ to your Allowed sites list.
- If you are using Firefox, select Options from the Tools menu. In the Content tab, click the first Exceptions… button and add ‘adams.wada-ama.org’ to your Allowed Sites list.
ADAMS includes a detector on the login page that will warn users if a pop-up blocker is enabled and inform them that ADAMS requires the use of pop-ups to work properly.
Make sure that your screen resolution is set to 1024x768 pixels for optimum performance. This can be set in Display Properties within Control Panel in a Windows operating environment.
Using a Bookmark
If you experience difficulties logging into ADAMS, it may be because your bookmark (if any) for ADAMS is not correct. For access to the Production system, ensure that your bookmark is set to https://adams.wada-ama.org. The ‘s’ suffix in https must be present. Remove any extra characters following the URL.
To verify the URL:
- If you are using Internet Explorer, click the Favourites button to display your bookmarks on the left-hand side of the screen. Right-click the ADAMS bookmark, and select Properties. Ensure that the URL displayed exactly matches the one shown above.
- If you are using Firefox, select Sidebar from the View menu, then select Bookmarks to display your bookmarks on the left-hand side of the screen. Right-click the ADAMS bookmark, and select Properties. Ensure that the URL displayed exactly matches the one shown above.