Developed as a collaboration between ASADA and National Integrity of Sport Unit (NISU), the lesson plans are a free resource for teachers.
In years 9 and 10, the National Health and Physical Education Curriculum reflects on how fair play and ethical behaviour can influence the outcomes of movement activities. This includes:
- discussing the role in promoting fairness and ethical behaviour in sport of organisations such as the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, sporting tribunals, Australian Human Rights Commission and the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and
- investigating the impact of performance-enhancing drugs on individuals and sporting codes.
The lesson plans can also be used to inform senior secondary students studying topics such as Legal Studies and Physical Education.
The lesson plans include:
- Topic 1: Integrity and Anti-Doping in Sport
- Topic 2: Anti-Doping in Sport
- Topic 3: Match Fixing in Sport
- Topic 4: Illicit Drugs in Sport
- Topic 5: Ethics and Ethical Decision Making in Sport
- All lesson plans as one PDF
- Teachers’ notes
The plan are available for download at the bottom of this page.
In addition to the free downloadable lesson plans, face-to-face sessions facilitated by ASADA are available for schools (one per school) on a government-funded (free of charge) basis to support the study of the anti-doping aspects included within the plans. Sessions run for approximately 45 minutes, however are flexible to suit your school’s timetable and can be tailored to the needs of the subject area.
We are currently accepting booking requests up to 30 June 2017. We anticipate that demand for these sessions will be high and therefore advise schools to book early. While all schools are welcome to request a session, designated sporting schools will be given priority.
Due to the location of our presenters, travel costs will be incurred for schools located outside of major metropolitan areas.
If your school is interested in requesting a session, please complete the Face-to-Face session request form.
If your school is unable to secure a government-funded session this financial year, or would like to book additional sessions, paid sessions are also available (see our schedule of fees for pricing).
Our Education web page lists further resources for students and teachers. We highly recommend teachers and/or students explore our award-winning eLearning program, which includes relevant courses such as the level 1 anti-doping course (60 minutes), as well as the Ethical Decision Making course (30 minutes).
For more information about our School Lesson Plans, please email the ASADA Education team.